Boy, oh boy! It is going around. Everywhere you look there is somebody who has a family member with the flu, or strep, or some other type of crud. We’ve been oiling like crazy around here. We have not been able to ward sickness off completely, but so far no flu… Keeping my fingers crossed here!
The baby celebrated his first birthday with a double ear infection and a nasty respiratory bug that turned out to be RSV… He did go one round on Amoxicillin- I do believe in Western medicine- but we also supported his little immune system with a variety of oils. Here is our regimen:
For the ears: 1 drop of Purification on a cotton ball placed on the very edge of the ear canal. (during the day, he didn’t leave the cotton ball in place, so I rubbed Purification all around his ear). ***NEVER*** put essential oils directly into the ear canal***
For cough: I made a natural chest rub and put it on his chest 3-4 times a day, as well as on the bottom of his feet.
– 2 TBS coconut oil, just melted
– 10 drops of Eucalyptus
– 10 drops of Frankincense
– 10 drops of lavender
– 5 drops of Peppermint
Place in a jar, mix, let oil harden. Apply generously!
At night, we added Eucalyptus and Lavender to his humidifier, during naps I diffused Thieves in his room.
For the immune system: Thieves, Thieves, Thieves… and did I mention Thieves???? ***Thieves is a HOT oil, meaning it will burn on the skin, so PLEASE dilute it. It goes on our feet, along the spine (which is where viruses like to nest), on the wrists, and on the throat, if its sore. For simplicity sake, I have made an Immune Boost roller bottle. We use it on all the places described. Its already diluted, so it can even come along in my purse or the diaper bag.
– in a 10ml roller bottle put 5ml carrier oil (I used Sweet Almond, but EVOO also works)
– 25 drops of Thieves
– 10 drops of Oregano
– 10 drops of Melaleuca
– and optionally 10 drops of Lemon (there is Lemon in Thieves, but the Melaleuca and Oregano are quite fragrant, so I added more Lemon to tone it down a little)
A few other suggestions:
– For low fevers and headaches and sinus congestion: Peppermint on the temples and forehead, and if you can tolerate put a little on the roof of your mouth!
– Oregano just under your big toe for extra immune support (don’t touch anything else, its HOT)
– Add Oregano to spaghetti or pizza sauce (add towards the end, don’t boil or simmer it) for internal support (***I like a little Cinnamon in my chili, so I added both Oregano and Cinnamon bark oil to it***)
– Utilize your diffuser!!! All day! Switch it up… We rotate Thieves, Purification, Frankincense, and LLP (Lemon/lavender/Peppermint)
– add a drop of Lemon or Citrus Fresh to your water daily (use glass containers, not plastic!!!)
And, most of all, remember: You gotta use your oils to have them work! They don’t work sitting on your counter inside the bottle!
As always, these claims have not been verified and are not supported by the FDA.